To provide all necessary and required above the wing customer service to well-known international airlines. These services include reservations, ticketing, baggage processing, terminal service, provide special passenger assistance, check-in service, VIP service etc. A customer service agent will have direct contact with passengers on a daily basis.
- A minimum of a MAVO diploma or attending “Avond-HAVO or Avond-MAVO”
- Must be 18 years or older
- Good communication skills in English, Spanish, Dutch and Papiamento. Verbal as well as written
- Must possess basic computer knowledge
- Customer Service Oriented; must possess a pleasant, confident and helpful manner
- Flexible to work various shifts, weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Able to work within a team as well as independently
- Self-motivated and dynamic]
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds independently
- Must be able to push a passenger in a wheelchair independently
- Must have the ability to deal with difficult situations calmly, tactfully and diplomatically.
- Must be flexible and adaptable in facing and/or solving any situation that presents itself
- Must be able to pass a drug test and background check to be able to obtain Airport Badge
- Basic safety awareness
- Inspect and verify passenger documentation
- Issue boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations
- Manage passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable
- Accurately checks in passengers at ticket counter per regulatory & customer airline requirement.
- Accurately process passengers at gate per company, regulatory & customer airline requirement.
- Ensures each passenger receives a boarding pass.
- Ensures each checked baggage accepted is tagged with the correct name and to the correct final destination and placed on the correct bag.
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine, as required
- Handle cancelled flights in the most efficient manner while adhering to company & customer airline procedure.
- Handle delayed flights in the most efficient manner while adhering to company and customer airline procedure while prioritizing quick turn around
- Makes accurate announcements regarding flight activity at Gate via Airport’s general PA system as per company or customer airline policy.
- Assist Ramp Service Agents to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements and GenAir’s and policies
- Operate equipment to include the jet way, computer keyboards, and carrier specific reservation/ ticketing software
- Produce all required, work-related documentation
- Other duties as assigned
To apply for this job email your passport picture, motivation letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org